Home > Symptoms > Diarrhoea > Besides taking Diareze is there anything else I can do to help relieve diarrhoea?
Besides taking Diareze is there anything else I can do to help relieve diarrhoea?
Here are a few tips to help relieve the symptoms of diarrhoea:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Take oral rehydration solutions like Diareze O.R.S. These are specially formulated fluids that contain carbohydrates and electrolytes (salts like sodium and potassium). They are used to treat or help prevent dehydration that may occur with severe diarrhoea, especially in babies and young children. Although oral rehydration solutions do not stop the diarrhoea, they replace the water and some electrolytes that are lost from the body during diarrhoea. This helps prevent more serious problems. They are available from your pharmacy.
- Once your symptoms start improving you can drink fruit juice without pulp, clear soup broth, tea and soda drinks (without caffeine).
- Avoid drinks with a high sugar content.
- Eat bland foods like bananas, rice and bread.
- Avoid dairy products, high fibre products like green vegetables, fatty foods and spicy foods.
- Instead of drinking liquid with your meals, drink liquids between meals.